NUB THEORY!

BonQuiQui • I’m blunt with my words, I don’t like animals get over it☺️

SO Tuesday I got a early gender ultrasound done at 14.6 weeks. Going in there I thought I was going to get a potty shot; I was told by the MA they can tell me as early as 12 weeks but it will only be 75% accurate, but because I was 14.6 weeks it is 85% accurate and anything after 16 weeks will be 100%. I said ok cool, I signed the papers and went in, when I laid down she revealed she was doing the nub theory it was more than 85% accurate but they have to say 85%, I was hesitant because I wasn’t told it was going to be a nub theory ultrasound but because I had already paid and it was nonrefundable I did it... I was told it was a BOY!!

anyways fast forward a little I did my gender reveal, and I posted my ultrasounds on some of my moms groups and they started telling me it was a girl nub and not a boys like I was told. Of course I started questioning and worrying I didn’t get more than 4 hours of sleep! I called the ultrasound place and they had the head Sonographer Call me back.

She was really nice and let me explain my worries and she said “the nub theory is no longer a “theory”, it is now called “the angel of the dangle” or “the angle of the genital turbicular something or another” it is a scientifically proven way of determining the gender of the baby!. She told me it’s more like 99.6% accurate, and was 100% sure it was a boy and that she has only been wrong 4 times in 20 years and the 4 times was when a patients baby wasn’t fully formed yet so the baby looked like a girl but really turned out to be a boy.

She had my ultrasounds on the computer while talking to me and I asked her about the second picture where the nub is pointing down. She said the baby’s spine wasn’t flat to not go by that one it wasn’t accurate she didn’t know why the tech put measurements on it. Right before we got off she told me if at my next ultrasound with my OB comes back it’s a girl she will bring me in personally, do the ultrasound herself AND give me my money back that is how sure she was it was a boy!

The first picture is what the angle of the dangle is suppose to look like to get an accurate reading, the baby’s back needs to be completely flat!

The second is not! If the baby isn’t flat it’s not gonna be right!

I came on here after everyone in the other moms group told me girl and asked what you guys thought and most of you said girl. I was so worried; I listened to everyone tell me something different that I couldn’t get sleep, I stressed so much because of it. So I think I’m done asking for others opinions and believing what the professionals say!!