In-law problems

Kristen

Guys I need advise and haven’t gotten any good answers anywhere. A large portion of my husbands family has a lot of opinions that I don’t agree with, on a moral level. They have said extremely racist and misogynistic things in the past. They judge me for my level of education and they routinely become aggressive towards me regarding my political leanings. But the worst thing is they shrug off my anxiety and label it a “liberal disease” and say I’m just looking for attention. My husband grew up with them and is able to ignore this about them, but it’s starting to get out of control and it’s gotten to the point where I just don’t want to spend anytime with them. Every time we visit I end up in tears. I’m just not sure what to do, we’re trying for a baby and I don’t want my kids to be around that kind of behavior. It’s one thing to have differing opinions but it’s another to put others down for them. I can ignore them for now but what do I do when the kids comes? I can’t keep my kids from their family, especially if my husband doesn’t see any issue. I don’t know guys. I’m really worked up about all this.