Have you opened up about infertility?

🌿

My husband and I have been TTC for 3 years and had an early miscarriage 2 years ago. No one knows this.

For the longest time, I wanted to keep it all a secret. I feel like this is just really personal and shouldn't be shared, but here lately, I'm kind of sick of no one knowing. My husband doesn't really care either way, so it's all on me.

For example, every time I'm around my mom and older sister, somehow they always bring up terrible parents. Like the people who abuse and kill their children, people who leave babies in dumpsters, etc. And then they will talk about how so many people would love to give these babies nice homes and they talk about all the people out there who can't have kids and would give anything to have what some people (are literally) throwing away. They will go on about this for half an hour. It's hard for me. I don't want to hear about it and sometimes I want to just speak up and say, yeah, I'm one if those people who try so hard and can't have a baby.

And then of course there's all the questions from everyone asking when we are going to have a baby. I still think this is such a personal part of our lives and we shouldn't share it with others, but at the same time, I just want people to know what we are going through.

Does anyone have ANY advice?