Faking deaths (long read)

edit: her “dead” daughter has been posting pictures and memes on her social media, so it’s safe to say this lady is a lying, conniving bitch. Unfortunately my FIL is ready to forgive her 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

My FIL is dating a woman who my husband and I believe is extremely manipulative, to the point of lying about her family members dying. Every time he has decided he doesn’t want to be with her any longer (she’s physically abusive to him) one of her family members gets sick or dies unexpectedly. He hasn’t met any of her family (they’ve been dating for around a year now) and she’s never posted anything on her social media about them passing, no “RIP” or anything (my FIL has no form of social media so he doesn’t know much about this) and she posts often. When he visits her in the state she lives in, she never lets him stay or even visit her house; she coincidentally “sold it” this past weekend when my FIL confronted her about it. This weekend he told us he was leaving her because she spit in his face and hit him, but, lo and behold, her daughter happened to die and he felt bad and decided to stay in In her state. We believe she’s lying about all of this, but he accuses my husband of being jealous or just wanting to ruin his life any time my husband talks about how toxic she is. My question is: is there any way to look up death certificates? Or to find proof of any of this? My FIL suffers with PTSD and other mental health issues from being a war veteran and we believe she’s taking advantage of his vulnerability so we want to do what we can to make him see she’s no good for him. Thank you for reading and any advice is appreciated!