Freaky situation!

I’m going to post this here as I cannot post it anywhere else socially. I work for a developmental center, before we go any further they say developmental but a large chunk of our population is behavior and mental health linked with past trauma. For whatever reason many of these men and women can’t get past the issues and are either court ordered to our facilities or their guardians send them. Now it is state ran and at first I thought I’d be helping people. A lot of them don’t want helped and won’t help themselves. I work in a house that require the least about of ADL help. However it is scary, from people I know who work or have worked in prisons it’s worse. We have to protect ourselves but can’t fight back despite being hit, punched, kicked, bite, etc. A few days ago while on a placement visit with another individual we got word that one, who is notorious for biting as well as eating inedible objects, caused chaos and ended up BITING OFF a Staff’s finger tip!!!! They couldn’t get her gear on, helmet to protect herself and staff and she bite someone. The terrible thing is they couldn’t find the tip and they believe she swallowed it. I’m still grossed out even though I wasn’t there to witness it. I go back today after my two regular scheduled days off and I pray I don’t have that individual or get hurt as you can never know what your day will be like.