Confused

My husband and I have decided to try for a third baby (hoping for a girl). I have been on BC pills for 7 years. I finished my last pack on April 27th. First day of my last cycle was May 1st. I have not had a period since. This doesnt surprise me seeing as I have never had a regular cycle unless I was on the pill. I knew going in that it would take my body a while to get in the groove of things. We did decide to use ovulation tests to help with accuracy especially with my irregular cycles that I've always had. This is the first time that I have tracked ovulation before, didn't use anything with our first 2 kids, so dont know exactly how all of this works. I got my first (what I thought was) positive on the 16th of June. Started pregnancy testing 10 DPO and got nothing. Decided to randomly do an ovulation test on the 30th of June and got an even more positive test then than I did on the 16th. Now this confused me so I have been still testing LH and have gotten another 2 high results the past 2 nights. What is happening? Have also been taking pregnancy tests first thing in the mornings for a few days now and all are negative.