Needing advice...

Avery 🌸

I am around 8 weeks pregnant and very anxious about SO brother and brothers girlfriend being involved in our child’s life.

Here’s some back story and why...

I used to be best friends with my SO brothers girlfriend. We would hangout often, call and text, and I was at the hospital everyday she was there to deliver my nephew. Honestly, I learned our friendship was based on her convenience only but I let it go because I cared for her and my nephew and because I didn’t want any drama in the family. But unfortunately, we had a bad falling out. This past February, my brother committed suicide and she pretty much pumped me for the details of the situation before continuously leaving me on read or obviously ignore me whenever I would reach out for friend support. I trusted her because she was my brothers age and they used to be close as well. I was hurt by my brothers death and her ignoring me, so I distance myself and unfriended her on facebook so I wouldn’t continue to see her responding to others while ignoring me. She then blocked me on everything and told my SO that I started this and I just wanted drama and how her life was so busy that she couldn’t respond to me during that time. She pretty much said I lied about her responding to others and ignoring me too. She tried to manipulate the situation, trying to make herself look innocent and me look guilty. She wouldn’t even consider how I felt, what I was going through, or how her ignoring me every time hurt my feelings. It almost made me feel crazy and over sensitive.

Edit - My SO did reach out to his brother and we tried to extend the olive branch by letting him know we were expecting and his brother has ignored the messages and told his parents that he “didn’t know what to say to him about this.” My SO became very hurt bc his brother obviously had some negative or hurtful response to us expecting. We don’t understand why.

Now that I am pregnant, I don’t want her or my SO brothers negative energy around me or our child. It’s making me extremely anxious to think they might try to be involved. How would we say they cannot be, if we decide that?

Any advice?