I’m finally nesting; 36w4d.

K.

I haven’t had any energy or care to nest. The baby will be sharing a room with my husband and I until old enough to transition to a shared room with his older brother (2.5 years old) and I just have not cared in the slightest.

I did the same thing with my first son and did not nest until 36w or so and painted the entire nursery myself in one day. 🤣 This time I am being a bit more logical about it all and trying not to overdo it, but alas. We have a smaller space than we did with the first one and we are not going overboard with “things” (you learn how little most of it matters with your first).

I just put together the new glider yesterday and this week I need to tackle a chalk paint project on what is currently the dresser/changing table.

Following that, putting the bassinet up and getting everything put away in a way that is convenient and accessible, packing up the diaper caddy for convenient use and packing up the diaper bag.

I’d honestly have had the diaper bag ready already but I’ve been scheduled for a c-section at 39 weeks (August 7th 💕) so I’m not too worried about doing it too far in advance.

I can’t believe the time is coming but honestly I’m savoring these last weeks. My little man won’t be the only child anymore, our dynamic will completely change and our lives as we know it will change forever. I can’t wait to meet our second little man but a part of me is clinging onto the little time we have left as a family of 3. ❤️