Terrified of the TEAS

30nightsofviolence

I’m planning on going to school in February for lpn and I’m terrified of taking the TEAS. Deadline to apply for school is October 15th for classes that start in Feb.

I’ve been out of school for so long I’m not sure I’ll be able to do it. I don’t even know how to find my old gpa or anything to even apply for school because I graduated in 03’.

Anyone with any experience taking them I’d really really appreciate if you could tell me how it went or what you might expect from them.

I’m more concerned about the window of time to study. They say that after applying to the school they will tell me how to apply to take the TEAS. My fear is not having adequate time to study for it. My research is telling me a minimum of a months worth of studying is recommended but I’m afraid they’ll tell me go take the test a week after or something.

I’m basically mathlexic. I did a few practice tests already and the highest I got was a 60 for the math part. I’m also nervous about the science aspect since it’s been so long since I’ve had to do anything in that field. I’m really good at English and writing so I’m not freaking about that so much.

I haven’t even applied and I’m having panic attacks about these things already. School was never really made a priority for me because my family were all laborers but after 20 years of retail I’m done with how it affects my life. I’m taking care of my husbands grandma now in hospice and I’ve taken a great interest in nursing and caregiving...

I’m just so nervous to screw this up at age 34 and fail miserably. 🥺. I hate that my anxiety is getting the best of me when I’m normally so confident in my abilities. 😣😫😭