First Pregnancy Scare

Hey y’all. This might be weird but I don’t know how to talk to my friends about this so I’m going to tell y’all. I just had my first pregnancy scare and I’ve been a mess for a week. I was too afraid to even think about the possibility of me being pregnant so I didn’t take a test for like a week after missing my period. I was super emotional and I texted my “boyfriend” ( but technically not it’s complicated) that I was feeling weird. He asked why and I told him my period was late. I’m so thankful that his reaction was way better than I thought it would be. I’m 18 and he’s 20 so having a kid isn’t on our to do list right now. He helped me try to calm down and actually asked a lot of good questions. Then he brought me a pregnancy test. He had to go but FaceTimed me while I looked at the results. It was thankfully negative but this experience low key has traumatized me. Im going to start looking for birth control options cause tbh we weren’t using any. I needed to get this off my chest so thanks lol