our experience trying to get pregnant

babylust

I was thinking about how surprised I was to get pregnant this week. I felt so privileged and so grateful for all the help I’ve taken from this community. Therefore, I feel I should share my story in getting pregnant.

I’m currently 4 weeks 3 days.

I had a transvaginal ultrasound twice over the past two years confirming polycystic ovaries, I also had sublinical hypothyroidism. I read up on vitamins which should be replenished before trying to conceive too, and tried to tick as many boxes before trying to conceive. I also spoke to a good friend who is a fertility doctor who recommended some advice to us.

She suggested I try and lose some weight I’m 10.5 stone so not overly heavy but in the context of PCOS would inevitably help with fertility. I also commenced levothyroxine at a sensible dose 50 mcg. I also made sure myself and my husband were taking pregnacare for 6 months before we started trying in addition to 5 mg folic acid ( a random folate level a few months ago indicated severely low folate which would not have been improved with 400ug).

I also made sure we were using an <a href="https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.glow.android">ovulation app</a> (duh everyone is) but we used this to understand we didn’t miss the pre ovulation fertile window too, and did the deed every day for that ovulation period. I also noted the months I didn’t get pregnant I was peeing straight away after sex and I read that trying to avoid peeing for 30 mins and lying down can help with the sperm travelling upwards (? Old wives tale)

I do feel given latest fertility advice If ignored my subclinical hypothyroidism I probably wouldn’t have conceived as easily and in addition to overloading us both with prenatal vitamins also helped.

I feel for you girls still waiting for a BFP, it can be so soul destroying getting that negative test which I know all too well too. Hopefully you have checked your TFTs / folate levels and also had an ultrasound recently to check everything.

Any other questions feel free to ask. Still early stages with a long way to go 🙏🏼