Heart Murmurs

Ta

Hello all. I went to the ER Thursday night because I had a reaction to a new medication. While there, the ER doctor told me that I had a heart murmur. I wasn’t worried then because it is a very common occurrence for pregnant woman to get a murmur during pregnancy. I knew that.

However, we went to the OB the next day, the ob call ob told me that my murmur is louder than the “innocent” murmurs usually heard during pregnancy. He was so concerned that he took me off work until I am able to see my regular OB AND a cardiologist.

I have been feeling light headed with blurry vision as well as the feeling of my heart pounding (but I was attributing all that to other things, like getting over heated, or anxiety.). On top of that, I have also been getting tired a lot more easier.

The OB’s reaction has me worried now. The fact that he was worried, but hoping for the best is what is worrying me.

My appointment with the cardiologist isn’t until the 26th because that was the soonest they had. AND it’s about 30-40 miles away. 😕

Has anyone every had to deal with anything like this before? During any of your pregnancies?

Thank you for reading my long post. Sorry it’s so long.