Would you end your relationship over infertility?

Cheyanne

My relationship has been kind of strained lately, but I didnt think it was anything we couldn’t work through. I sat my husband down and told him how I was feeling and ask him to do the same. He never said he wanted to break up, but he’s really upset about not being able to have kids. We’ve been trying to get pregnant for over 5 years, but I have pcos and haven’t been able to even with fertility treatments.

He explained to me that he was really unhappy and felt he didn’t have a purpose in life without kids. He moved to the US when he was just 17 and hasn’t been able to go back to his home country in about 15 years to see his family. He mentioned that sometimes he thinks about wanting to move back, but still doesn’t think he would be happy without kids. And I’m not willing to move to his home country.

It’s also really been hard on me not being able to have kids, its all I wanted out of life, but over the last year I’ve come to terms with the thought of possible not having kids. Of course I still want them more than anything, but I know I’ll be able to find peace and happiness without eventually. And I don’t want to be in a relationship with someone that can’t accept it or learn to be happy without kids. Part of me wants to tell him to leave, go back to his country and find a wife that can give him kids. I really want him to be happy and I understand if that can’t be with me.