A message to my future guardian angel.

March of 2019 my family was given the news that my grandmother had terminal cancer. It was the most gut wrenching and heartbreaking news I think I’ve ever received. These past couple months have been terrible for her.. seeing the pain she’s in every day and knowing how strong she tries to be for everyone around her is overwhelming. I think of my grandfather who is watching the love of his life slowly fade away and can’t even imagine the pain and agony he must feel.

We were told that we have less than a month.. which just hit me yesterday. I can’t picture a world without this vibrant, beautiful woman but God is calling her home.

My son will probably not remember her love but I will share my memories of growing up with her and hearing her laughter, the songs she’d always sing whenever I was hurt or scared. I’ll share how much she loved him from the moment I told her I was pregnant.. how she would rub my belly and sing to him.. how she would always pray with him.

I’m sad our time is limited but I know how tired she is and I know this isn’t goodbye forever but just for now.

My beautiful abuelita. Thank you for showing me what a strong woman is. Thank you for loving me, and caring for me is such an unconditional way that I know will carry on even when you’re no longer here. I will cherish every moment and memory we’ve created together. I pray that Heaven is everything you’ve imagined and prayed for. You’ll be the most beautiful guardian angel for all your kids, grandchildren and great grandchildren.

Never will we let your memory fade.

- “Death will leave a pain that no one can heal, but love will leave memories no one can steal"