Second baby shower?

BoyMom👣 • • Ryder 06.28.18 | Rylan 01.07.20 •

I have a 14 month old son, and am due again in early January of 2020 with another boy. We had a baby shower for my first son, it was really nice and we got a TON of stuff. We really didn’t have to buy much of anything. Relatives from NC even came down (we live in S.C.). Well EVERYONE, from the girls at work, my best friends and some family keep asking me when I am having a shower for this baby. Well, I recently found out I am a carrier for cystic fibrosis and have a 1 out of every four children chance of them having it. If I got pregnant again, that’s 3 out of 4 and it just scares me to even consider that. I also do not want to chance having a girl, nor can we financially handle another anytime soon. So I plan to get my tubes tied, meaning this will be our last baby. While part of me wants to have a celebration for this baby as we did with our first son especially because this is my last baby, but I’ve read that it’s tacky and not really normal anymore to have a shower for each child. I also don’t expect them to go all out like they did for my first. Plus, we have almost everything from my first child we just need to find a replacement for the Rock n Play and get new clothes. My first son was a June baby, so all his clothes are tank tops and things which won’t work for a winter baby obviously. I’ve had many people offer to throw a shower but I just keep pushing away from it because I don’t want to be tacky or “trashy”. I was thinking a sprinkle but I don’t really see the difference between that and a shower. Any advice is appreciated! TIA.

Vote below to see results!