Name Change?! Keep it?!

Jane

My husband and I went back and forth on names the entire pregnancy. Originally we were going to make our first daughter Aubrey, but ended up going with Abigail. It fits her perfectly. Then we were debating between Aubrey and Emilia for our second daughter. Ultimately we went with Emilia, because Aubrey felt like it would be a “left over” name from her big sister.

Emilia (Emi for short) is now almost 5 months old. I still think about the name Aubrey ALL the time. Especially when we tell people her name, and they either don’t understand why we would name her Emilia, or think Amelia (which I knew would happen). We call her Emi a lot, and it definitely fits her. I still love the name Emilia, but even my own mother accidentally calls her Emily sometimes. 🤦‍♀️

I’m just wondering, anyone else has had this same feeling? Will it go away? I sometimes sit up at night thinking about her name, and if I should just go and legally change it. But then think that would be a little over-the-top, and she fits the name Emi. 🤷‍♀️