My crush and my friend

So basically I have recently started talking to this boy on Snapchat, he goes to my school and is in the year above me. I find myself really starting to like him and I’d consider him as my crush. My so called “best friend” told me like a few days after me n him started talking, that she had been “getting close” with him for the past three months n that I shouldn’t talk to him. Honestly I had heard every boys name come out of her mouth apart from his so I was obvs like wtf. So I asked him about it, he said that was lies n that she added him two weeks ago on sc n he even showed me proof. Sooo that was alright I knew the truth then n carried on talking to him and I spoke to my friend abt it n told her I really liked him n she said it was fine n that she didn’t care. A few days went by, me n this boy was getting on really well, our convo then started to get so dry one day n later on that night I walked into my friends house n she was sat on FaceTime with him. I don’t want to mention it to the boy cause I’m scared incase he doesn’t see me as a more than friends way like I do. I know now that my friend is toxic and also she has got with each my exes and I mean every single one. I really don’t know how I should go about this and I need some of your guys help :/