The SAHM (Stay At Home Mom) pt.7

Autumn’s phone rang a couple of times & Autumn didn’t recognize the number but noticed it was a number that called her in the past. She never picked up & whoever was calling never left a voicemail. She decided to pick up.

Autumn: Goodevening, this is Autumn. May I please know who’s calling?

Andy: Whoa... Your voice instantly put a smile on my face.

Autumn: Andy? How’d you get my number?

Autumn started smiling as well.

Andy: Your friend, Stephanie gave me your number. I hope you don’t mind. And sorry for calling late. I just thought I’d try calling you again.

Autumn: Oh, that’s not a problem. I’m actually glad you have my number. It was really nice seeing you today.

Andy: Really? I couldn’t tell if you were happy to see me or not.

Autumn: I was happy to see you, I just... Wasn’t expecting to see you. I looked like a hot mess.

Andy: Are you kidding? If I thought you were hot in that red dress, I had no idea you could look even hotter. I mean, you’re gorgeous.

Autumn: Anyways, my girls really enjoyed your music today. We all did.

Andy: Your girls are just as beautiful as you are. I’m glad I got to meet them today. They’re both literally your “mini-me”s.

Autumn: Thanks.

Andy: You guys left so soon. I really wanted to take you out.

Autumn: Today just wasn’t convenient.

Andy: No worries. I still do want to take you out though. How does tomorrow for brunch sound?

Autumn: Brunch sounds good. Where?

Andy: I’ll pick you up.

Autumn: Ok.

That night, Andy & Autumn spent hours talking & getting to know each other. The two felt like teenagers in puppy love again. They talked about their hobbies, where & how they grew up. Andy talked about his music. Autumn talked about her girls. In the morning, she realized she had missed taking her depression meds, but she felt she didn’t need to take them. She was looking forward to her date with Andy. She arranged for Stephanie to pick up her girls since her son went to the same school. Stephanie said yes even before Autumn finished her question.

Autumn returned home to clean the house, get some chores done & get ready for her date. She opened her closet & was having a hard time deciding what to wear. She didn’t want to be overdressed since it was a brunch date & not a dinner date, but she definitely wanted to be out of her mommy-form (mommy uniform).