Overbearing MIL!

🎀Ashley Marie🎀

I'm so frustrated! Sorry for the rant.

Had my baby girl Eden on Monday, and we went home Wednesday afternoon. Before we left, I was informed Eden had lost more than 10% of her body weight because my milk had not come in yet. They told me to supplement with formula until then. MIL had signed up to help me this week while hubby was working. She has taken this role and in my opinion over stayed her welcome.

I obviously have every best intention to care for my baby. She on the other hand believes if I do not feed her every two hours, she will lose more weight and she will be put back in the hospital. She told me matter of factly it was going to happen. She nags me about every little thing.

This trip home should be relaxing and I should be bonding with Eden and building my milk supply. Instead, I'm stressed and I have no privacy. I keep second guessing myself and my parenting. She is not one to tell off or to try to put in her place either respectfully or otherwise. It just doesn't click. Ugh! This postpartum phase is so difficult for me and it just started!