Doctor frustration

Delaney

Anyone else annoyed with their providers? For one, I have 0 clue what to expect for my baby’s size - I haven’t had an ultrasound done since 32/33 weeks. I don’t NEED one, but it would be nice to have some kind of expectation for how big our baby is going to be and some kind of reassurance that he is growing and positioned correctly. Secondly, it has been over 3 weeks since I’ve seen the doctor who’s supposed to be delivering me (I’m at weekly appointments as my due date is a short 10 days away and haven’t seen her since about 35 weeks) and they keep telling me she’s unavailable for entire weeks for what is essentially a 5-minute cervical exam. But she’s expected to find time to deliver this baby at any given moment??? Third, I’ve now been examined 3 times for dilation and not a single person has mentioned whether I’m effaced AT ALL. I’ve lost my mucus plug and I’m 1 cm dilated, but still no baby or bloody show, so I can’t be 100%, right? I just feel like I have a lot of gaps in things I should know about my body/baby at this point and nobody seems to care to fill them in and act like this is all totally normal. Oh, and the topic of induction hasn’t even been mentioned yet, and I know I’m still 10 days from my due date, but you’d think someone would mention something about inducing me should I get past my due date. But they also have said, “oh your doctor should be back in time to deliver you” when they said she’d be back for my 39 week check up (next week). So does that mean they plan to induce me next week or they just assume the baby’s not going anywhere til then??

Rant over, sorry for the long post, hope for everyone else’s sake that I’m the only one dealing with frustrating doctors.