Suitemates, back story. (Part 1)

Based on a true story. Names were changed.

Anne and I first met in freshman year in college. We lived in separate dorms, but we met in class. We took MATH101 and PHYS102 together. She was enrolled in the department of mathematics and I was a physics student.

Anne was such a teachers’ pet. She was an excellent student. Very smart and punctual. She would disagree with the professors, but in such a polite way. Instructors valued her opinion and honestly I kind of envied her. We both enjoyed math, but I was the kind of kid who’d skip classes and still get an A. I for some reason enjoyed acting careless around her.

Anne was also very beautiful, she had shoulder-length gorgeous light brown hair with highlights, hazel eyes and sun-kissed skin. She was about 2 inches shorter than me. 5’4. Very fit and effortlessly beautiful. Her style was very basic. She wore neutral colors and often wore blacks. She wore glasses that made her look intelligent.

Many stupid guys at our class didn’t take her seriously because she had “distracting C cup breasts.” She didn’t mind the attention she was getting from our peers. She almost seemed like she craved it. Nevertheless, the jerks always failed to outsmart her.

I had a boyfriend back then. Chris; whom I loved so much. He was an English Lit. major, senior year. The tallest, the handsomest, the smartest. I believed with every inch in me that he was the one. He took my virginity!! We were the stereotypical “It Couple.” He was in a band, played music and wrote songs about my dark black hair and green eyes.

Freshman year was fun. Summer break was even more fun, but ended on a tough note. Christopher and I broke up just before the beginning of my second year at university. He thought we were too young to stay in a committed relationship and I disagreed. I thought I was ready to have his babies.

I started my sophomore year with depression. I had to move to an upperclassman dorm. Had more responsibilities, but failed to do them. I barely managed to do what’s required to pass my courses. I missed Chris so fucking much. Anne was in one of my classes and she was caring enough to notice my situation and offered to help me out. I was distressed most of the time, I would drift out while she was explaining things to me and was a terrible tutee. I did not understand why was she being so kind to me. Why she insisted on helping me out. I asked her and she refused to answer. She would shake her head and carry on the lesson.