Help! TTC. Early pregnancy or miscarriage?

Amanda

Hello ladies! Looking for help here as I'm totally confused! I have two living children and had a miscarriage at the beginning of the year. This month (ttc) I started bleeding a week before my period was due. Heavier than spotting but an abnormal light period for me. I usually have a 38 day cycle if not longer due to abnormal periods. My last menstrual cycle was Sep 18th. I took a test last week Oct. 23rd while lightly bleeding and got a faint positive and have taken multiple since then at home with the same result. I had the yes or no blood preg test done last week and the results came back Negative but in the notes it said "slightly positive" so we retested blood work for the actual hcg levels two days later and it came back as a 12.1 Two days later the bloodwork was repeated and it came back at an 11.9 .....today I went to the E.R as I'm concerned and nervous. They retested my levels again today and now they are at a 14.5.... what could this mean? If I miscarried wouldnt they be constantly dropping? Did I ovulate late and I'm just now pregnant? I've never been so confused in my life. Even the doctors cant give me a straight forward answer. I will have repeat bloodwork done yet again in another two days. Any advice at this point would be super helpful! Thanks in advance!