Not enough calories??

Taryn

My son is 9 weeks old and he has fallen to the 1 percentile in weight. He’s always been tiny. He was in the 3rd percentile after birth. He has struggled since birth to gain weight so we supplemented. I worked really hard to increase my supply though and he naturally stopped wanting the formula. For the past 3 weeks we’ve been exclusively breastfeeding. He seems satisfied after each feeding and definitely has times where he’s just happy and content. So I don’t understand why he just isn’t gaining weight. His doctor suggested today that my milk doesn’t have enough calories and he now wants me to supplement again. I just feel disappointed because I worked so hard to increase my supply and now it feels like it’s still not enough. He has PLENTY of wet diapers during the day. I mean the kid poops like 3-4 times a day. So I don’t get it. Has anyone else heard of this happening before? Is there something I can do to fix it? I will always do what’s best for my son and will supplement if I have to. I just wanted to see what you all have to say.