It FINALLY happened.

A

I made it y’all 🙏🙌🙌 its worth the read.

I had been diagnosed with major depressive disorder when I was 11-12 years old, and I was later diagnosed with an anxiety disorder. Junior high was really hard for me, I had been hospitalized 3 times because I was extremely suicidal and was harming myself.

But, I survived and was trying to get better. I went through so many therapists because I could never find someone I trusted, until I was in high school. My sophomore year I met my most recent therapist And she was like my best friend. Unfortunately, her company stopped taking my insurance and I had to stop seeing her at the end of my junior year. My sophomore year was when I had relapsed back to my self harming and suicidal tendencies/ideations. I had also developed an eating disorder where I had been severely restricting my food, and I had lost 40 lbs in less than 8 months. Through all of this, I had also just ended a very toxic relationship with a man who had sexually abused me from the time I was 13 until I was almost 15. He was 27. I couldn’t live with myself anymore, and after going into a more heavy depression I ended up back in the hospital. Twice in one month. These were the places they had told me I was experiencing major depression, extreme anxiety, EDNOS, PTSD, and early stages of bipolar. I felt broken.

I didn’t think I was going to make it. Surely I thought I would drop out or die first, things were terrible in my personal and school life. Things were not looking up for me.

Until I met my now best friend and my boyfriend. They really changed my whole life around. My best friend is who was by my side when I felt I had nowhere to go. She basically let me live with her, fed me, all while housing her boyfriend and their best friend (who is now my boyfriend). After a while me and my boyfriend had become much more close and we started dating. I was 16 at the time and it was young love at first site I swear ladies. Almost 2 years later and I still look at him and get the blush face when he does anything. He was the one who told me to keep going in school, even through all of this shit we were going through at the time with our families and our living situation.

So, here I am today, graduated 6 months early and just turned 18. I am still not put together, but I am living with my boyfriend in our own home and we even have a dog. I am no longer in therapy, but plan to go when I can afford it. I am 1 year eating disorder and self harm free thanks to the intensive therapy I went through, as well as the positivity and motivation I got from my best friend and my boyfriend.

Don’t let your mental illness stop you from doing anything. I am really young and got through all of that, you can do anything