My Husband is Depressed

And when he is depressed, he is mean, snappy, unmotivated, and paranoid. He takes it out on me. Suddenly I’m not a allowed to hang out with my friends, I’m not allowed to ask him to help me with our son, and I feel so stuck. I want to support him, but all he does is hurt me. He just sits there and scrolls on his phone. He doesn’t hear what I say, he is lost in his own world. I know this is the face of depression. I suffered for years, but got on medication and got help. He sees a therapist, but that only helps him in the moment. I’m not sure what to do to make this better. I know it will pass, it always does. But we are in the middle of buying a house, and I need his help more then ever with how fast our life is changing. I feel like he is just the ghost of someone I love. Hollow. I don’t know how to support him because I get caught up in my own selfish thoughts.. why doesn’t he care enough to watch the baby while I have a shower? Why can’t he put his trash in the garbage? I know why, like i said, I’ve been there. I feel bad for the way I’m thinking, I just wish he could be my husband again.