Pregnant but my husband smokes

Lauren

I am currently 11 weeks pregnant and really struggling with the fact that my husband smokes cigarettes. When we were trying to get pregnant, he always said he would quit when I got pregnant. Well here I am close to being done with the 1st trimester and so far, I haven’t seen a real effort on his part to stop smoking. I have been very nauseous for weeks now, so I practically throw up every time I get a whiff of cigarette smoke, so 5+ times per day. I feel that I have tried everything from calmly explaining my point of view, being supportive, and then fast forward to now...being a total bitch about it. I told him today that his smoking is making me resentful. Resentful that my health and the health of his child isn’t enough motivation for him to at least try to quit. I know that he wants to quit, because he tells me so constantly. I see him trying to smoke a little less and doing things like changing his clothes after he smokes and spraying air freshener so I don’t smell him. But then he finishes a carton of cigarettes and goes to buy another one and I become livid. The smoking aside, he is a great husband and is going to be an amazing father. I guess I’m just looking for advice because I can’t keep going on like this for much longer...