My brother

Mi

So this is kinda boring but I need to let it out. So my brother and I had different childhoods, his was not as good as mine but he is still successful and he’s also 12 years older than me. So every time I get something he makes me feel guilty for getting it even if I’ve earned it and I just want him to stop but then again I get what he’s trying to say. He’s told me multiple times how lucky I am and how I should be grateful for the things I get and the life I live (and I am) but basically tonight I told him that I was getting a pet snake (again) and he told me that I just get everything I want and I don’t have to do anything and I just get whatever I ask for. And I understand that yes I do get a lot of things but I’m also spending my own money on this and I already know a thing or two about snakes. He just made it seem like I get every single thing I want which is not the case. We are not a rich family and most of the things I buy is with my own money that I earned from doing chores and stuff (I’m 13 so I can’t have a job yet) I see where he’s coming from but I don’t get why he couldn’t have just said something like “oh that’s cool what type are you getting?” Or something like that. He just has to make me feel guilty because I’m getting something he couldn’t at my age. He was also raised in a completely different household with no dad and a different mom than me. I just want him to understand that I am grateful and I acknowledge that I am in a better situation than most and that I earn my things and I’m not a spoiled brat like he makes it seem like I am.