HEY! I'M STILL HERE!!! 🗣️

Ma

Am I invisible? Did you forget about me? When did my only identity become "mom"? When I post a picture of me and my husband and child, why is my child the only one you notice? Why is my child the only one you ask about or seem interested in?

I love my baby more than life itself. I want to tell you about them, as they are a huge part of my life and a huge part of me. But I am more than just a mom! Before I was a mom, I was a daughter, a wife, a friend, a co-worker, a neighbor, a woman.... "Mom" doesn't replace those things, it just adds to it!

Ask me how I am doing. Talk to me about something other than being a mom. Make a point to see me, not just use me as an excuse to see my child. I feel forgotten. I feel underappreciated. I feel lost... I still am figuring myself out after all the changes caused by bringing a child into the world. I don't have time to invest in myself like I used to. Treat me like I'm worth the investment. Show me it's worth finding myself again so I don't drown in this loneliness that motherhood brings..