Breastfeeding tips 💓

Jessica

Hi!! I wanted to share a few tips with breastfeeding that you may not know if you’re a first time mom, stuff I didn’t know with my older son.

Babies cluster feed in the beginning so you may think they’re always hungry or that you aren’t making enough milk, but that’s just them establishing your milk supply. They might also act that way at major leaps (growth spurts).

The only way to know if your baby is getting enough is from dirty diapers & weight gain. NOT how much they want to eat, or how much you get out by pumping.

If you just had your baby and are working on latch, brush your nipple on their bottom lip & when they open their mouth, push their head onto the boob.

It is normal for your nipples to bleed, crack, scab, hurt like hell. This goes away in a couple weeks max!

If your goal is breastfeed & you’re able to produce stick with it!! It’s hard as hell at first and daunting because you are literally just a milk machine but it gets so much easier as time goes on and the cluster feeding eases up. The bond is worth every tear in the beginning.

Fun fact: your milk is tailored to your baby. If they are sick, your milk changes. If you’re sick, your milk changes.

It’s not only to feed your baby, it’s comfort, it’s bonding, it’s warmth.

If there are any other questions please ask!! I love helping other women be able to do such a miraculous thing with their baby!! I hope this helped anyone who may be struggling with it and wanting to keep going!