weight gain & desire to lose weight pregnant

sm

Hi guys!

I started off my pregnancy journey finally at my ideal weight and I was feeling great. The day I found out I was pregnant I did an 8k and was in great shape. Pregnancy really took a toll and with quarantine and everything I have been eating more and moving less... I am 23 weeks along and have gained over 22 pounds... my legs feel huge and my face doesn’t look the same.... I want to get back on track but I’m concerned about counting calories etc... I don’t know what’s the right amount, and to be honest I wouldn’t be shocked if I was eating over 3,000 calls a day or more right now... if anyone has had a similar experience and managed to get their weight back on track, please please share with me... I feel so defeated... I don’t even know if losing weight is ideal or even possible at this stage.. but I know it’s not baby weight because my legs are rubbing together and my arms are much bigger and I just feel so - bleh.

Is losing weight a realistic goal? I feel like the scale is just climbing and climbing and at this rate I’ll gain way too much. How can I get this under control? Should I try to not gain any more it is it ok to try to lose some ? Any experiences?

Thanks everyone.