Nap time help!

Gabrielle

Hey mommies and daddies! I need help. My son takes regular naps like clockwork, but only on mommy. He used to tolerate daddy SOMETIMES but now only cries and reaches for me when sleepy. The only other place he sleeps is if we're out driving when naptime rolls around. I didn't see this as a problem bc I love holding him and I haven't been at work for a few months but I go back to work next month and realized I've created an issue letting this happen. I bought blackout curtains, turned off the lights and brought his white nose machine into his room in an attempt to get him to sleep in his crib. I even did a mini nighttime routine for him (he sleeps in a bassinet in our room at night, no problems. Only cries if he pees through his diaper). I feed him, rocked him into light sleep and put him down. For 2 mins he was fine, woke up and screamed until I came in. I sat next to him and he calmed. I left and he was babbling and played with his feet. My husband was being loud so I went to close his door (it was cracked) he saw my hand and started screaming until I came and picked him up. Then I tried rocking him until he hit deeper sleep, limp and all. Here was screaming as soon as I put him down. I let him cry to see if he would calm but he did not. Now I'm in his room, rocking him to sleep a third time, but I don't plan on going anywhere and he didnt seen too trust me. Took him a while to finally sleep again. Help! How can I get him to sleep in his crib? FTM 7 months