Boyfriend jokes about pregnancy

So,

My boyfriend and I haven’t been together very long- only 4 months. He’s a super funny, caring, and smart guy and we’re extremely compatible and comfortable together. But I’ve noticed him making jokes about getting me pregnant. Like during “couple time” he kissed my stomach and said he wanted to put a baby in me. He’s also just made some passing comments like “don’t have to worry about getting pregnant if you’re already pregnant” and I said “not anytime soon” to which he replied “how about March?” As a joke. He seems to bring up getting me pregnant somewhat frequently.

But here’s another thing: we haven’t even had sex, we’re both still virgins. We’re in college and we know we’re not financially, emotionally stable or mature enough for a baby any time soon. I said as soon as I’m ready to finally have sex I’m going on birth control, and he went as far as offering to help pay for more expensive birth control methods (implant, IUD ect.) to ensure I don’t get pregnant.

So- is talking about getting someone pregnant with no real intentions of getting someone pregnant normal?