asshole

hey so im 15 and this guy I have known for ages, maybe about a year or so, I started to like him at the start of this year. He is the sweetest person, can always make me smile, he is so nice and different from all other guys whether they are friends or not. In person he tries to start conversations and enjoys talking to me.

I asked for his number which he gave to me with a smile, and ever since then, this was in March, we have been messaging. However I am always the one to start the conversations and in the past month he has started a few but he also leaves me on delivered for hours and then on read for full days, I have no idea why. I saw him in person again after all this and he was back to his usual self. But now he is doing the exact same thing. I’m so confused as to why he is acting like the biggest asshole at the moment.

I asked him something nice like , how was your day, he read it hours after I sent it and then left me on read until 11am the next day, and said sorry for not responding again. I let him know I was pissed at him and then he started some long conversation about how I was and everything. How can I handle this because he is so nice in person but then over messages he is a different person, he barely uses his phone so I get being left on delivered but I don’t understand being left on read...