I’m getting a little tired of this.. -U

Vous • Mom to 💙 Silas »061319«

Brother-In-Law’s wife, who doesn’t speak / understand English (because she came from a third-world country recently), keeps snatching my one year old son and taking him to her room. We live in the same house.

My son displays a clear “no” by shaking his head and walking away from her, but she continue’s to snatch him up and he SCREAMS. She distracts him by saying “outside” or takes him to the fish tank (which he has a fascination for), once he’s calm, she just walks to the room or outside (which she doesn’t even ask us if we are okay with her taking him outside).

I’ve had my Mother-In-Law speak to her about stopping everything that I am not okay with (because they speak the same language). She’s done things that crosses the line, like kissed my son on the lips multiple times. She stops for some time only to go back to doing it.

I’ve stepped my foot down. I’ve grabbed him back from her room, I’ve said “no” plenty of times when she does something I don’t like. She must understand “NO” at least! Wrong. She still does things I do not approve of.

How will my son feel comfortable and safe in his own home if there’s a girl here ready to snatch him up like some creepy ass kidnapper?

No matter how many times I stop these actions from happening, she LITERALLY stands in the hallway WAITING FOR AN OPPORTUNITY to SNATCH MY SON UP. She literally has an Oreo in hand, calling his name, waving sweets for him to go. Like, THAT’S LIKE A KIDNAPPER VAN SITUATION AND MY SON FALLS FOR IT! SHE LURES HIM IN WITH SWEETS I DID NOT ALLOW HER TO GIVE HIM.

I want him to be able to be in his own home, wander around like the curious toddler he is, explore and learn how things around him work because that’s inevitable (obviously with safety measures).. I don’t want to keep him downstairs in our room because that no way for a toddler to be, you know, TRAPPED in a room.

I’m just tired of telling this girl “no” and shit still happens.. Sigh..

Just needed a rant, because I have no one to speak to about it as it eventually sounds naggy to everyone here (besides my wife, she agrees with me).

Thank you for listening.

Edit:

I’m getting a whole lot of dirty looks from her since I came home. MIL must’ve given her a talk while I was out the house 🤷🏻‍♀️ Let’s see what goes on from here.