177 bpm...

I have a 2 year old son who was always between 130 and 140 bpm. We just had a miscarriage in February around 8 weeks and they did testing on it and discovered it was due to chromosomal abnormalities (we didnt ask for the testing but allowed the doctor to do it for research purposes).

We had our ultrasound last week at 8 weeks 3 days for our little one and we are measuring right on time with 177 bpm. Today I was googling old wives tales and 2 of the articles said that at 8 weeks, the highest the heartbeat should be is 170 and anything higher can indicate a chromosomal abnormality.

Has anyone heard of this before? My husband and I didnt do any of the genetic testing with our 2 year old and we were going to skip it again with this one but now we're wondering if we should have it done just to be prepared after birth with anything extra we may need. My 12 week appointment is still 3 weeks away so we have a while to decide but I want to have time to research of anyone has had this happen before.