Should we take a break??

Caroline • engaged to the love of my life. We've been together for 10 years, baby number #1 on the way, due 25th August 2016 ❣❣❣
Hi everyone. My fiancé and I have been ttc #1 since August. If we aren't pregnant by December I am  thinking of taking a couple of months break. My reason for this is because my dad sadly passed away in September this year, he drowned at sea on holiday, an undercurrent took him away 😔😔 his body wasn't found til the following week and it took three weeks for us to be allowed to have his funeral so if we were to get pregnant in Jan or Feb 2016 then our baby would be due around September/October and I just don't want that to happen. I think my fiancé understands but I know he's down at the thought of stopping for a couple of months. We started ttc in August and when my dad died in September I had to really think long and hard about continuing ttc but decided that he wouldn't want us to stop and he'd love nothing more than to be a grandad again, even if it is spiritually. My dad was my everything and it's heartbreaking to know my baby won't get to share the love and laughs I had with him. Any advice on how to des with this?? Thanks x