I tried my wedding dress on today and...

T

Well, it happened. My worse fear. I tried my wedding dress on today and....it didn’t fit. I could barely get it passed my hips.

I only got married 9 months ago in January and since that time I’ve gained 15-20lbs. I could blame it on COVID isolation or the “newlywed weight” or the fact that we’ve been stuck living with our in-laws for 6 months of our marriage because of the virus...but in reality, it’s just because I failed. I failed because I lost over 40lbs and in less than a year I’ve gained almost half of it back. I failed because I let “newlywed happiness” cause me to let my diet slip. I failed because i wasted all my hard work. I feel like a failure.

I walked in on my husband with my dress on, the zipper only half way done up and my back exposed. I was crying. He took me in his arms and wrapped me in a big hug and called me beautiful. He said I was as beautiful if not more than the day we were married. He said he loved me. He wiped my tears away. I smiled with tears in my eyes.

I’m so disappointed in myself, but I’m thankful for him. I’m going to do better.