Was I wrong?

So long story short...my newphew (early 20s) has been going thru a rough patch esp with his gf and shes let me know hes been harming himself when hes gets mad/depressed (lil cuts/hits his head)ive been intervening for the last month..going over in the middle of night and they are stressing me out. Anyways I told her next time he tells her hes going to hurt himself to call the crisis line for an eval so while they were talking on the phone last night he told her he cut himself and left. She called but they wouldnt go since he wasnt there. Fast forward...i told her to call this morning since he was home. She does. I go over to his place and the lady calls me to give me info to give him to see if hes willing to call and go to therapy b4 she goes to talk to him ( plus she had to wait for the cops) i go in and not convinced he'll call so while im in there she calls to see if i still want her to talk to evaluate him. I said yes. So i tell him we called the line and she outside to speak to him and he needs to. He was caught off guard a lil of course. But not mad as i thought. He didnt like the fact that the police was there but they didnt speak to us at all they just had to be there incase the therapist thinks hes 51 50 and has to go to a mental ward. He didnt. He kinda feels like i gave him no choice and i could tell he was a lil annoyed by that but I warned him before (we made him call the program while we was there as well). Was I wrong for not telling him ahead of time?

I didnt make a long story short lol

Vote below to see results!