Who's Crazy? Not Us? A Bite Size Morsel of Reality Regarding Mental Illness

Mary • Hi! I`m Mary. I have a BA in Psychology. Been dealing with PCOS for 22 years. I work at Sander’s Candy and Ice Cream Shop and trying to get my head around this COVID craziness!
Crazy. We've all heard it before. It can be a complement like being the life of the party, or hurtful like someone implying that what we say, think, or feel has zero validity. 
The reason I am posting this is because many of you have been concerned for your mental well being or have doctors that are detached from your reality. I can tell you from personal experience however that there are people in the healthcare system who do care, understand, and will listen to you. I'll tell you of an experience I had with a group therapy session while I was at the hospital to make that point clear. 
I was in the room listening to people's stories, and doing what you do in group therapy when one person cried out, 
"Why should I tell what I think. Everyone here thinks I'm crazy!"
The therapist then said calmly,
"I told you Jimmy (not his real name) I don't believe in crazy."
"How can there be no crazy people," I thought, "Was he just being nice?"
Over time however the concept started to sink in. People with mental illness get labeled unjustly through no fault of their own. And because of the stigma that society places on people with such conditions, many suffer in silence. Some may even refuse to believe that they have it or believe that it is even real! 
As survivors and yes, any one who hasn't succeeded in committing the ultimate act of self harm is a survivor of his or her condition(s), it's our job to make sure that mental illness is just as real as any other. Tell your story, give out pamphlets, keep on posting, and telling others about this social network are just a few examples of ways we can shatter the illusion of "crazy" and be accepted for what we are-survivors! 
In conclusion, only those who have gone through what we have know how taxing it can be. So let's end this cycle! Be courageous! Be strong! Who's crazy? Not me nor anyone here or out there.
Feel free to message me on Facebook under Mary Saum, Marysone on Depression Connect, Anxiety Connect, and Experience Project or follow my posts.