RANT !!!

I literally got reported for wearing perfume at my job -some unknown person reported me to the supervisor and she came and talked to me privately telling me to not wear perfume anymore, saying that they had to call 911 in the past because of perfume which to me sounds like someone was just over exaggerating their allergy. It’s not like a peanut allergy where you can die. I barely spray any, just a small spray because I like the smell of it, I take showers daily so it’s not like I bathe myself in it, but we’re apparently not supposed to wear perfumes, hair products, scented lotions, colognes etc whatsoever.

Edit—Have you ever heard of someone dying from that?! I looked it up just to be sure and cases of it effecting detrimentally is extremely rare.

If someone’s allergy is that bad they need to be working from home or put in a bubble. What are they going to do when out in public, just tell random strangers to not wear perfume?? My grandmother was allergic to perfume and there is ways to manage it. I shouldn’t have to chance myself for one random person at my job. If that’s the case then peanuts should be banned as well, and other allergens, not just one.

Also-I work in a damn call center 🤨🤨