It still puzzles me some of the advice people are given ladies ..

MRS L 🇬🇧 • Mammy to my little boy and girl

About how often babies should kick and when to worry and when not to worry .

A lot are ppl are telling woman if babies moves a little even if it’s different from normal not too worry . Which is not always the case . And that seems scary to me as they are not medically trained to give that advice.

You know your baby and if something feels off and not right even if baby is still moving. Please just seek some medical advice just to be on the safe side !

This the advice people here in the uk go by

How often should I feel my baby move?

There is no set number of normal movements. Your baby will have their own pattern of movements that you should get to know. From 16 - 24 weeks on you should feel the baby move more and more up until 32 weeks then stay roughly the same until you give birth.

What if movements are reduced again?

Never hesitate to contact your midwife or the maternity unit for advice, no matter how many times this happens.

Why are movements important?

A reduction in a baby’s movements can sometimes be an important warning sign that a baby is unwell. Half of women who had a stillbirth noticed their baby’s movements had slowed down or stopped.

It is NOT true that babies move less towards the end of pregnancy

You should continue to feel your baby move right up to the time you go into labour and whilst you are in labour too.

This advice isn’t to be harsh to be just trying to help but please don’t give advice like this just incase someone then doesn’t seek help and heaven forbids something happens

Xxxxx