Venting

I'll try to explain as much as I can so no one comes at me.

I live in income based housing with my boyfriend in Louisiana and receive food stamps. He can't work and isn't on disability yet(we're working on it). My mother in-law (technically not, yet) pays our internet bill which is $70 a month. I very much appreciate that. My sister in-law drives me to work (she lives 10 minutes from us and work is only 7 minutes away from here) because we can't afford gas for a vehicle or insurance on it currently. I make about $360/mo. Our bills are about $320/mo.

I tell MIL this morning that my boss only scheduled me for one day this week and she tell me "y'all really have to smart with your money now". Now it may just be because I'm a more on edge cause I have terrible cramps today, but that pissed me off.

Let me break it down for you.

I've spent 309.11 since I started work. I'm part time, but got paid time and a half for working on Christmas <a href="https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.glow.android.eve">Eve</a>. I also worked 53 hours my first week of work cause it was all hands on deck so the store could have it's grand opening.

$70 of which went into saving and $60 was for food so I'm not counting that cause savings and food are very reasonable. Meaning, out of the 557.02 I have received since I've been working I have only spent $179.11. I only spent $69.73 of my own money(we were gifted a $100 Amazon gift card) on Christmas, which was not really necessary, but it was a hard year and we deserved a treat.

All together, unnecessarily, excluding Christmas, I spent a whopping $109.38. That's literally only $55 from the two paychecks I have gotten and she's telling me to be smart with my money?? That's rich coming from the woman that complains about funds being short, but spends money on unnecessary things like getting her nails done, touching up her hair, and getting a car wash nearly every week. She's not my mom and I would appreciate her not always talking to me and telling me how to do stuff like she is.

I'm very very careful with my money. I was raised in a family where we lived paycheck to paycheck and I have been determined to be different since I was 15. I understand she wants us to save and this and that, BUT WE ARE. I put away as much as I can from every paycheck. I'm very offended by this. She thinks just because I'm young I'm not capable of making smart money decisions and Ive had enough of it.

I'm kind of scared of her so I haven't said all of this to her, but I did say something.

Just needed to get that off my chest.

**let me add that I live in a small town and no one will hire me full time. I guess there just isnt any jobs in my area hiring full time**

**the extra money after I buy essential go straight into savings, which is basically nothing**