Day 5/6 embryology update!

Sarah • IVF Momma 🤍 Angel Momma🤍

I received a summary from embryology this morning in my portal, we didn’t get any update on day 3 so it’s been the longest, most exhausting few days of my life of just waiting and I just wanted to share! 💕

24 retrieved

12 mature

11 fertilized with ICSI

10 embryos frozen!!!!

I am still in disbelief. However- I am still waiting to hear grades/quality, it didn’t say, and also I don’t know which ones were frozen on day 5 or possibly day 6, but I’m cautiously optimistic. Hopefully I hear today or tomorrow. They told me they typically see a 50% blast rate, so we were just hoping and praying for a few that made it. I had to make sure I read 10 correctly!!! Hopefully we have some good quality ones. We are not PGS testing. We did not PGS our first round either.

I’ve been so guarded and cautious starting round 2, given how our first round went with having only 1 embryo (although I’m very lucky and blessed it was successful) so I’m so extremely grateful to God for this milestone!

I was so worried about egg or embryo quality, but I think our main issue we found out is that we absolutely needed ICSI!!! Its our saving grace. We still have many hurdles but I’m so happy and relieved our second round went smooth and without hiccups from consult to retrieval. ❤️🙏🏻. We got a second opinion for this round and traveled to NY and it was absolutely the best decision.