Should I give Kyleena a go?

Ella

Hello <a href="https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.glow.android.eve">Eve</a>! I hope y’all are well! I have recently co side red swapping from Aviane low combo pills To a Kyleena IUD. Aviane works well for me except for one issue- I can’t poop! I am never not constipated and I think it has 100% to do with this pill. I drink water, eat relatively healthy, and exercise 35-45 minutes daily, so I should be pooping normally. These issues started around the time I started Aviane and have never stopped. I was diagnosed with IBS-C, but I don’t think that is accurate since I don’t have “flare-ups” I am just constipated all the time. Anyway, my doc thinks I have an issue with synthetic estrogen and recommended either a mini pill OR an IUD- specifically Kyleena. I am not cool with the side effects on a mini pill (migraines, weight gain, hair loss) OR with it being less effective. I also don’t know a whole ton about Kyleena! My main concern is weight gain. The first pill I ever took, sprintec, caused me to gain around 30 pounds in a year and that absolutely TANKED my confidence. It’s been about 3 years now, but I have still not lost all of it. Can y’all share your experiences with me? Did tour BC give you any GI symptoms? Did you gain weight on an IUD? What have your symptoms been? I’m just so curious to learn more so I can figure out how to poop like a normal human being again!!