UTI symptoms not getting better

Theresa

Long story but I’ve had a UTI for about 2 weeks now. I have a history of BV so I thought that’s what it was in the beginning. Took the7 days of Flagyl for it with no relief. Went to my OBGYN for a urine culture (no blood but elevated white blood cells) so I’m now taking Cephalexin (Keflex) and I’m on day 5. One day I feel like I’m getting better and the next I am having lower abdominal cramping and having the urge to pee A LOT. I’ve had a couple UTI’s in the past and they’ve usually felt better after a couple of days of antibiotics. That being said, I’ve always taken Macrobid, never Keflex. I am starting to get worried that I have bladder cancer or something more serious. I’m 32 with no health problems but severe health anxiety. Anyone have their antibiotics take almost the full 7 days for symptoms to go away? I’m also about to start my period so I cannot do another urine culture until it’s gone.

I should also add I got every other test they offered, vaginal swab, tested for SEVERAL STI’s and yeast. All negative. And I don’t have burning when I pee. Just frequency, feeling like I didn’t empty all the way, lower abdominal pain (slight) and lower back pain (slight) no fever and he checked out my kidneys which are fine.