I hate his job.

I seriously hate my husband’s job. He leaves at 5am and doesn’t get home till 10:30-11pm. His job has close to a 2 hour drive there and then a 2 hour drive back. He took the weekend off and I’m kind of pissed off at him. I keep having nightmares that he’ll leave me or cheat on me with his daughter’s mother. I know he would never do it, but I think I’m having these nightmares because I’m lacking attention from him and I don’t feel good enough. I’ve told him about the dreams and he knows I get frustrated with his hours at work. Two nights in a row, I didn’t even get to see him because I was asleep when he got home. Yesterday, he got off a little early and ended up passing out at 9pm. So, he was supposed to be off today, and he decides to stop in at work and get some supplies arranged.. he also took his 7 year old daughter with him. So, he’s gone from like 7am-11am.. I’m pissed and feel like he doesn’t want to be around me.. so when he gets home, he starts talking about going outside and fixing the shutters on the house 🙄. I’ve literally just been sitting in my bed since he said that and it’s nearly 3pm. I feel so neglected and all I want is for him to want to spend time with me 😭 I started birth control about a month ago and it could be making me emotional. But I feel like an inconvenience to him I just plan on staying out of his way until he decides he wants to be around me.

Edit: I know how my stepdaughter feels. My father worked on the river for two weeks at a time and only got to come home for a week. During the week he was home, he was working on cars or out running around with his buddies. We cannot move closer to his job because we only get his daughter every other week and she goes to school from our house too, plus this is just a temporary job where he makes A LOT of money. Just sucks because his boss takes advantage of him because he’s a hard worker. Everyone else will get to go home at 5, but he makes my husband work till after 8pm most nights. When he gets his daughter for that week, he does spend time with her and he makes sure he lets his boss know that he’s not working his usual hours so that way he can get home at a decent time to spend time with her. I get frustrated because he will make time for her, but doesn’t give me any effort. Just like he took off the whole weekend because we get her on Friday and he even got home at 5pm, but didn’t pay me any bit of attention. I have talked to him about it and he says he’s just trying to make sure everything is in order for the baby we’re adopting (she’s a week overdue, so she could be here any day now). I still can’t help but feel neglected. I don’t really think I’m looking for any advice.. I just really needed to let that out. Hopefully things will get better after the baby gets here 🤷🏻‍♀️All I want is a little bit of time for my husband and I before we have a newborn again. My stepdaughter is 7 and it’s been so long since we’ve had to take care of a baby. It’s just hard to explain it other than, wanting this time to be just us before having a hectic house and a newborn on our hands again.