MINI PILL WHILE BREASTFEEDING. PERIOD IS LATE!

Ashley

Hello 👋

I am 3 months post partum. I had a period around 7-8 weeks post partum and started the pill very shortly after (1-2 days) Doctor told me to start taking it immediately no matter where I was in my cycle.

Fast forward 5 weeks. I am 5 days "late" for my expected period. I thought for sure it was coming because I had cramps for a few days and my milk supply has dipped for the last 5. My son will also not feed (he gives me such a hard time with it at least)

My girlfriend said that they often won't feed if you're pregnant. And with me being 5 days late I'm getting nervous.

My periods have ALWAYS been a 28 day cycle, even after my first born (little man is my second) I was on the nuva ring for 13 years prior.

Has anyone gotten pregnant on the mini pill? I try to take it on time everyday but sometimes I take it 1-2 hours late. I have never missed a day though.

Should I take the pregnancy test? Or should I just assume the pill is making my period non existent? I read that can happen. Just looking for other peoples experiences.

Also just realized I was on antibiotics for mastitis while on the pill.

**UPDATE** I took a test and it was definitely NEGATIVE! Now I gotta figure out what's going on in the milk department.