This kills me....

Gunce • Head of research at Glow. Unwilling infertility expert. 2 kids after 6 IVF treatments.

Researchers have found that eating a diet rich in animal proteins during middle age makes you four times more likely to die of cancer than someone with a low-protein diet -- a mortality risk factor comparable to smoking.

The (two decade long) study was published yesterday. You can read about it here.

As a woman with PCOS - from the moment I received my diagnosis, some 15 years ago - doctors have told me to go on Atkins-type diets. "Insulin resistance...pre-diabetic. Must cut down on carbs....blah, blah, blah..."

For 15 years, I've been listening to this advice - and cutting back on carbs and having eggs for breakfast, tuna for lunch, chicken and steak for dinner - and now it turns out, I might as well have been smoking a pack a day.

It's infuriating. As anyone with PCOS knows, losing weight is hard enough. Getting conflicting advice about how best to do it - is even more so.

Anyway, the research is worth reading. I just wanted to make sure the Glow community saw it.

I am going to go sulk in the corner now.