I am Miserable - Crazy bleeding

Katie • • Wife • Dog Mom • Social Worker • • PCOS • TTC Baby #1 •

So a little background - I have PCOS and have been on birth control in the past. I went off BC in November of 2019 and have given my body time to reset. Since July of 2020, my cycles changed to the point of super super light bleeding every month - like not even enough to use a tampon, but it lasted 3-5 days and came every month.

Fast forwarding to May of this year, I had an incident at work where I had some bleeding and was in so much pain (abdominal cramps, nausea, sharp pains, cramping, headache, dizziness) I almost went to the ER, but went home and waited it out. It lasted several hours but I slept it off and was sore the next day but was okay. After that, I would spot/bleed every other day to every 2 days until I finally went to see my OBGYN the end of July. We did an ultrasound, ran some tests and did a pelvic exam. He said everything looked great, my lining looked like “someone who just had a period” but other than that it looked wonderful. Ultimately we concluded that I either had a very large cyst that burst or I was very very wary pregnant and miscarried. He gave me a week of progesterone to stop the bleeding and was told I would likely start my cycle after the progesterone was done.

The progesterone stopped 8/1 and my period started 8/3 and IT HASNT STOPPED SINCE. I’m talking a full blown period with all the symptoms and multiple tampons a day. 21 days now. I am miserable. My OBGYN wants to start me on progesterone again and take it monthly, to reset my cycle and get me on track. My fear is that I’ll stop for a week while on the progesterone and then bleed the other three.

Does anyone have any experience with this before? Any suggestions - medication or natural?? I don’t want my periods to go away completely, I just need them stabilized!!