Health Anxiety… I need support.

Hi guys,

So for the last few years I’ve been dealing with some serious crippling health anxiety. Somehow I have managed to convince myself that I’m unhealthy, and if I were to have blood work done or any kind of body scan, they would find something detrimental. I have not gone to the regular doctor in close to two years because of it.

I already deal with irregular periods and hormone balance issues, all of which years ago was debunked and was said to be related to me being underweight/genetic. Of course I’m still convinced I have like ovarian cysts or cervical cancer. Or worse, I’m infertile.

It honestly cripples me every day. I get nauseous, and then I get scared about WHY I might be nauseous, and then after that my body goes into panic attack mode and the headaches and dizziness start and then I’m truly convinced I’m sick and in denial that it’s all in my head. Brain fog? Brain tumor. Nausea? stomach bug. Chest pain? Heart attack. Palpitations? Heart arrhythmia.

I need help. Life is so short and I want to be carefree and not always worried about what health problems I’m having or if I might not feel good because most days my anxiety puts me in a state of feeling like shit. It’s slowly gonna wear away at me and I’m ready to make the change. Obviously I’m going to try and get professional help, but I also want to talk to people who are in the same boat as me.

And please, no lecturing or negativity. I just want to know I’m not alone.

Sincerely,

Me.